TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
TYNE LEISURE LINE TRADING AS RIVER ESCAPES
All bookings are accepted by Tyne Leisure Line Ltd trading as River Escapes (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Company’) subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. Payment can be made to the River Escapes Head Office by credit/debit card, cheque or cash. Once full payment is received a receipted invoice will be sent via email. Please note – all deposits received are non-refundable. Places cannot be refunded after full payment is made.
2. Exclusive Charters – No booking is valid until the booking form has been returned with the specified deposit. The Hirer(i.e. the company or organisation or person who agrees to hire the vessel) will notify the Company of the nature of the function at the time of booking. The Company may use its absolute discretion and, without giving any reason, refuse to let the vessel to the Hirer. All payments outstanding from the Hirer at the end of the voyage will be payable to the Company within 14 days of the voyage. The Hirer shall, not less than three clear working days before a function is due to take place: inform the Company in writing, the numbers attending. Throughout the period of hire, the vessel will remain under the complete control of the Captain and crew appointed by the Company and the orders of the Captain, throughout the period of hire, will be obeyed by the customer and passengers.
3. Sightseeing and Party Nights – Booking remains provisional until full payment is received. Payment must be made four weeks before the event. Deposits are non-refundable.
4. Christmas Party Nights – Booking remains provisional until full payment is received. Payment must be made four weeks before the event. Places may be held with a deposit, this is however non-refundable.
5. We regret that the Company does not allow customers, Hirers or their guests to bring food or drink on board for any purpose , except by prior arrangement with Head Office.
6. The Captain may use his absolute discretion in refusing embarkation to any person. Throughout the hire the vessel shall remain under the complete control of the Captain and all his passengers will be under his jurisdiction whilst on board.
7. The Company nor any of its servants or agents shall be liable for any damage, loss, illness, accident or delay to any person(or their possessions) whilst travelling, embarking or disembarking howsoever caused unless caused by the negligence of the Company, its servants or agents.
8. The Company does not guarantee that the vessel will complete any journey, or part of , in any given time. Whilst the Company will endeavour to comply with any reasonable requests of the Hirer, the Captain alone will have absolute discretion. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience arising from the failure to comply with such requests.
9. The scheduled cruise may be varied by the Captain at his absolute discretion in the event of his considering that such variation is desirable through any cause whatsoever.
10. The Company reserves the right to substitute for any vessel another vessel of a capacity sufficient to accommodate the number of persons expected to be carried in the event of a substitution being necessary due to operating difficulties or to any other cause which the owners could not reasonably have foreseen.
11. The Hire will be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the vessel or premises or any furnishings, equipment or fittings therein caused by wilful act or default of the customer caused by any person in their party. Party organisers will be responsible for advising guests of these conditions.
12. Due to the nature of our vessels there are some access limitations. Wheelchair users can be accommodated but must be by prior arrangement with Head Office.
13. Party nights are for over 18’s only. We run a strict no drugs and weapons policy.
14. Any complaints should be raised with the Captain or Floor Manager at the time and every effort will be made to resolve them at the time. Details of unresolved complaints should be made in writing, not later than 7 days from the date of the event and be addressed to the Events Manager at the Head Office. Statutory rights are not affected.
15. No variation to the terms and conditions shall be binding on the Company unless amended by the Company in writing and signed by Head Office.